The following 10 out of 47 total results were found:
1. When, therefore, you see as in a furnace our flesh flowing away to corruption, dwell not on that sight, but wait for the recasting.
2. They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.
3. It has always seemed to me a major tragedy that so many people go through life haunted by the fear of death--only to find when it comes that it's as natural as life itself. For very few are afraid to die when they get to the very end. In all my experience only one seemed to feel any terror--a woman who had done her sister a wrong which it was too late to right. Something strange and beautiful happens to men and women when they come to the end of the road. All fear, all horror disappears. I have often watched a look of happy wonder dawn in their eyes when they realized this was true. It is all part of the goodness of nature and, I believe, of the illimitable goodness of God. ~~~A Veteran Nurse~~~
4. The Christian's conquest of death is absolute. The result is final. He has vanquished the last enemy, and has no more battles to fight.
5. Death to a good man is but passing through a dark entry, out of one little dusky room of his Father's house into another that is fair and large, lightsome and glorious, and divinely entertaining.
6. So we fall asleep in Jesus. We have played long enough at the games of life, and at last we feel the approach of death. We are tired out, and we lay our head back on the bosom of Christ and quietly fall asleep.
7. "The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired."
8. "The graveyards are full of indispensable men."
9. "It is when a man has no one to love him that he commits suicide. So long as he has friends, those who love him and whom he loves, he will live, because to live is to love. Be it but the love of a dog, it will keep him in life; but let that go and he has no contact with life, no reason to live. He dies by his own hand."
10. "You ask for a practical direction to teach you to die well....Detach your souls from everything that you love, separate from God. This, in a few words, is the science of dying."