The following 10 out of 48 total results were found:
1. O, how salutary it is, how pleasant, how delightful, to sit alone and in silence, to converse with God, and so to enjoy the only chief good, in whom all good things are found!
2. What comes to our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.
3. Be sure not to ask a little of God. ~~W. Adam~~
4. ..."It is a poor thing to strike our colors to God when the ship is going down under us; a poor thing to come to Him as a last resort, to offer up 'our own' when it is no longer worth keeping. If God were proud He would hardly have us on such terms; but He is not proud, He stoops to conquer. He will have us even though we've shown that we prefer everything else to Him, and come to Him because there is 'nothing better' left to be had."
5. Thou hast made us for Thyself, O Lord; and our heart is restless until it rests in Thee.
6. The mountains are God's thoughts piled up. The ocean is God's thoughts spread out. The flowers are God's thoughts in bloom. The dew drops are God's thoughts in pearls. ~~Sam Jones~~
7. I would fain know all that I need, and all that I may. I leave God's secrets to Himself. It is happy for me that God makes me of His court, and not of His council.
8. When men cease to wonder, God's secrets remain unrevealed.
9. None but God can satisfy the longing of the immortal soul; as the heart was made for Him, He only can fill it.
10. He censures God who quarrels with the imperfections of men.