The following 10 out of 35 total results were found:
1. All sunshine makes the desert.
2. Be not faint hearted in misfortune. When God causes a tree to be hewn down He takes care that His birds can nestle on another.
3. All sunshine makes the desert.
4. Difficulties are God's errands; and when we are sent upon them, we should esteem it a proof of God's confidence.
5. The tests of life are to make, not break us. Trouble may demolish a man's business but build up his character. The blow at the outward man may be the greatest blessing to the inner man. If God, then, puts or permits anything hard in our lives, be sure that the real peril, the real trouble, is that we shall lose if we flinch or rebel.
6. Suffering overcomes the mind's inertia, develops the thinking powers, opens up a new world, and drives the soul to action.
7. As the tree is fertilized by its own broken branches and fallen leaves, and grows out of its own decay, so men and nations are bettered and improved by trial, and refined out of broken hopes and blighted expectations.
8. We darken the cages of birds when we wish to teach them to sing.
9. "Real pain can alone cure us of imaginary ills."
10. "Pain is no evil, unless it conquers us."