The following 10 out of 38 total results were found:
21. The Bible as a book stands alone. There never was, nor ever will be, another like it. As there is but one sun to enlighten the world naturally, so there is but one Book to enlighten the world spiritually. May that Book become to each of us the man of our counsel, the guide of our journey, the inspiration of our thought, and our support and comfort in life and in death. --A. Galloway
22. "Many people wish the Bible to overawe them, as Sinai did the Israelites...who worshiped it one day and danced around a calf the next."
23. "If thou sin, the word of God is thy adversary. It is the adversary of thy will till it become the author of thy salvation."
24. "There is mention of a sword turning every way: parallel whereto is the Word of God in a wounded conscience. Man's heart is full of windings, turnings, and doublings, to shift and shun the stroke thereof, if possible: but this sword meets them wheresoever they move; it fetches and finds them out; it haunts and hunts them, forbidding them, during their agony, any entrance into the paradise of one comfortable thought."
25. "He that loves the Word and the purity of its precepts cannot turn traitor."
26. "The seed once sown grows...of itself, from its own impulse and power of life....The self-inherent power of growth of the kingdom of God."
27. "A false interpretation of Scripture causes that the gospel of the Lord becomes the gospel of man, or, which is worse, of the devil."
28. "The Bible is either absolute, or it's obsolete."
29. "If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper. I make it a practice to read the Bible through once every year."
30. "The Holy Scriptures are our letters from home."