The following 10 out of 38 total results were found:
11. The Bible without the Holy Spirit is a sundial by moonlight.
12. It is a great thing, this reading of Scriptures! For it is not possible to ever exhaust the mind of the Scriptures. It is a well that has no bottom.
13. Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years.
14. Give me a candle and a Bible, and shut me up in a dark dungeon, and I will tell you what the whole world is doing.
15. An honest man with an open Bible and a pad and pencil is sure to find out what is wrong with him very quickly.
16. While I am sowing in one place, they ravage the field I have just left. I cannot be everywhere. If Christians had the Scriptures in their own tongue, they could themselves withstand these sophists: without the Bible it is impossible to establish the laity in the truth. If God give me life, ere many years the ploughboys shall know more of the Scriptures than you do.
17. The study of God's Word, for the purpose of discovering God's will, is the secret discipline which has formed the greatest characters.
18. The Bible makes much of determination. Choose ye this day whom ye will serve. Strive to enter in at the strait gate. See that ye refuse not Him that speaketh. Quench not the Spirit. Escape for thy life. All this style of admonition and direction shows that the sinner has a host of obstacles between him and Heaven; and he must push his way through, or perish.
19. The Bible is God's chart for you to steer by, to keep you from the bottom of the sea, and to show you where the harbor is, and how to reach it without running on rocks or bars.
20. Strong preachers have ever been Bible preachers. --Fish