The following 10 out of 23 total results were found:
1. Never be afraid of giving up your best, and God will give you His better. ~~James Hinton~~
2. I have somewhere met with the epitaph on a charitable man which has pleased me very much. I cannot recollect the words, but here is the sense of it ~~What I spent I lost; what I possessed is left to others; what I gave away remains with me~~.
3. The place of charity, like that of God, is everywhere.
4. "The most obvious lesson in Christ's teaching is that there is no happiness in having or getting anything, but only in giving."
5. "There is no such merchant as the charitable man; he gives trifles which he could not keep, to receive treasure which he cannot lose."
6. "It is better to give than to lend, and it costs about the same." Philip Gibbs
7. "It is hard to find any time wherein charity is unseasonable."
8. "The greatest pleasure I have known is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident."
9. "Generosity always wins favor, particularly when accompanied by modesty."
10. "Charity sees the need, not the cause."