The following 10 out of 71 total results were found:
1. Trouble and perplexity drive us to prayer, and prayer driveth away trouble and perplexity.
2. To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
3. I have lived to thank God that all my prayers have not been answered. ~~Jean Ingelow~~
4. Prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan.
5. We sometimes fear to bring our troubles to God, because they must seem so small to Him who sitteth on the circle of the earth. But if they are large enough to vex and endanger our welfare, they are large enough to touch His heart of love.
6. Good prayers never come creeping home. I am sure I shall receive either what I ask or what I should ask.
7. He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day.
8. The fewer the words the better prayer.
9. Our prayer and God's mercy are like two buckets in a well; while one ascends, the other descends.
10. "Prayer is an effort of will."