The following 10 out of 69 total results were found:
1. I have lived to thank God that all my prayers have not been answered. ~~Jean Ingelow~~
2. Prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan.
3. We sometimes fear to bring our troubles to God, because they must seem so small to Him who sitteth on the circle of the earth. But if they are large enough to vex and endanger our welfare, they are large enough to touch His heart of love.
4. Good prayers never come creeping home. I am sure I shall receive either what I ask or what I should ask.
5. He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day.
6. The fewer the words the better prayer.
7. Our prayer and God's mercy are like two buckets in a well; while one ascends, the other descends.
8. "Prayer is an effort of will."
9. "Gentlemen, I have lived a long time and am convinced that God governs in the affairs of men. If a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? I move that prayer imploring the assistance of Heaven be held every morning before we proceed to business." [turning point of success for the 1787 Constitutional Convention]
10. "The best way to be rid of bad thoughts in my prayers is not to receive them out of my prayers."