The following 5 out of 5 total results were found:
1. Young men, be not deceived. Think not you can, at will, serve lusts and pleasures in your beginning, and then go and serve God with ease at your latter end. Think not you can live with Esau, and then die with Jacob...It is an awful mockery to suppose you can give the flower of your strength to the world and the devil, and then put off the King of Kings with the scraps and leavings of your hearts.
2. People nowadays take time far more seriously than eternity.
3. Make a rule, and pray to God to help you to keep it, never, if possible, to lie down at night without being able to say ~~I have made one human being, at least, a little wiser, a little happier, or a little better this day~~.
4. We live but once. The years of childhood, when once past, are past forever...it has gone beyond our reach. What we have made it, it shall remain. There is no power in Heaven or on earth that can change it. The record of our past stands forth in bold and ineffaceable characters, open to the all-seeing eye of God. There it stands and one day we shall give an account of it. The present moment alone is ours...Today is a day which we never had before, which we shall never have again. It rose from the great ocean of eternity, and again sinks into its unfathomable depths.
5. Lost wealth may be replaced by industry, lost knowledge by study, lost health by temperance, but lost time is gone forever.