The following 10 out of 1488 total results were found:
1. Prayer is warfare. Just getting there is half the battle. Staying there is the other half.
2. Young men....do not be too confident in your own judgment. Cease to be sure that you are always right, and others wrong. Be distrustful of your own opinion, when you find it contrary to that of older men than yourselves, and specially to that of your own parents.
3. Believe me, the importance of this advice cannot be overrated. There is no telling the harm that is done by associating with godless companions and friends. The devil has few better helps in ruining a man's soul.
4. God is too good to be unkind, too wise to be mistaken; and when you cannot trace His hand, you can trust His heart.
5. "In reply to the Duke of Bavaria, who at the last moment besought Huss to recant, Huss answered,What I have taught with my lips, I now seal with my blood."
6. I grant you, one penitent thief was converted in his last hours, that no man might despair; but I warn you, only one was converted, that no man might presume.
7. I grant you, one penitent thief was converted in his last hours, that no man might despair; but I warn you, only one was converted, that no man might presume.
8. Trouble and perplexity drive us to prayer, and prayer driveth away trouble and perplexity.
9. I know well that all souls are in fearful peril. Old or young, it matters not; all have a race to run, a battle to fight, a heart to mortify, a world to overcome, a body to keep under, a devil to resist.
10. ...Mercy is not something God has but something God is.