The following 20 out of 30 total results were found:
1. ...Mercy is not something God has but something God is.
2. All of this cheap talk about St. Peter giving us an exam to see if we're all right --- it's all nonsense!
3. The idea that the cross wiped the angry scowl off the face of God and He began grudgingly to smile is a pagan concept and not Christian.
4. Do I believe in justification by faith? Oh, my brother, do I believe in it!
5. No matter how nice and refined and lovely you think you are, you are a moral situation---you have been, you are, you will be. And when God confronted you, God's justice confronted a moral situation and found you unequal, found inequity, found iniquity.
6. The atonement in Jesus Christ's blood is perfect; there isn't anything that can be added to it. It is spotless, impeccable, flawless. It is perfect as God is perfect.
7. God acts justly from within, not in obedience to some imaginary law; He is the Author of all laws, and acts like Himself all the time.
8. When God judges a man He brings justice to that man's life...And if the man's ways are equal, then justice favors the man. If man's ways are unequal then, of course, God sentences the man.
9. Gods justice and Gods mercy do not quarrel with each other.
10. God is not silent. It is the nature of God to speak. The second person of the Holy Trinity is called ~The Word~.
11. What comes to our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.
12. An honest man with an open Bible and a pad and pencil is sure to find out what is wrong with him very quickly.
13. "Salvation is from our side a choice; from the divine side it is a seizing upon, an apprehending, a conquest by the Most High God. Our accepting and willing are reactions rather than actions."
14. "The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still."
15. "We must meet the uncertainties of this world with the certainty of the world to come."
16. "God is not silent. It is the nature of God to speak. The second person of the Holy Trinity is called "The Word."
17. "The Word of God well understood and religiously obeyed is the shortest route to spiritual perfection. And we must not select a few favorite passages to the exclusion of others. Nothing less than a whole Bible can make a whole Christian."
18. "Faith, as Paul saw it, was a living, flaming thing leading to surrender and obedience to the commandments of Christ."
19. "For not only does sound reason direct us to refuse the guidance of those who do or teach anything wrong, but it is by all means vital for the lover of truth, regardless of the threat of death, to choose to do and say what is right even before saving his own life."
20. "A pharisee is hard on others and easy on himself, but a spiritual man is easy on others and hard on himself."