The following 15 out of 15 total results were found:
1. It is a great thing, this reading of Scriptures! For it is not possible to ever exhaust the mind of the Scriptures. It is a well that has no bottom.
2. When, therefore, you see as in a furnace our flesh flowing away to corruption, dwell not on that sight, but wait for the recasting.
3. "The Judge will pass sentence, not according to what any other person has said concerning you, but according to what you have yourself spoken. They that are accused, then, have no fear, but they that accuse."
4. "A dreadful thing is the love of money! It disables both eyes and ears, and makes men worse to deal with than a wild beast, allowing a man to consider neither conscience nor friendship nor fellowship nor salvation."
5. "Do you seek any further reward beyond that of having pleased God? In truth, you know not how great a good it is to please Him.
6. "As the Father useth this expression I AM, so also doth Christ, for it signifieth continuous being, irrespective of all time."
7. "Such is the way with sinners. Everything excites their suspicion; they quake at every shadow; they start at every noise; they look upon every man as an enemy."
8. "After the prophets, the false prophets; after the apostles, the false apostles; after Christ, anti-Christ."
9. "Christ is wont to catch every man in the way of his own craft----magicians with a star, fishers with a fish."
10. "The angels glorify; men scrutinize: angels raise their voices in praise; men in disputation: they conceal their faces with their wings; but man with a presumptuous gaze would look into Thine unspeakable Glory."
11. "No matter how just your words may be, you ruin everything when you speak with anger."
12. "God, having placed good and evil in our power, has given us full freedom of choice; He does not keep back the unwilling, but embraces the willing."
13. "What else would lust ask but the death of chastity?"
14. "Hell is paved with priest's skulls."
15. "God draws, but He draws the willing one."